The Blusher


This group of large, edible mushrooms are called the Blusher and are a member of the mainly poisonous Amanita family. It can be confused with two cousins - The Panther Cap which is deadly poisonous and the questionable Grey Spotted Amanita.

It is called the blusher because it blushes when bruised. 

Blusher brokenjpg

This small painting is made using wild mushrooms picked sustainably in the garden. The frame (purchased) is 14.5cm high x 19.5cm length x 4cm deep which can be hung. I used a black and a white frame with perspex.